The Old Governor’s Mansion was built in 1929 by the “Kingfish,” Huey
P. Long. The Mansion served as Executive Residence from 1930 until 1963
and housed nine of Louisiana’s governors including Earl K. Long and
the “singing governor,” Jimmie Davis.
The Old Governor's Mansion
The Old Governor’s Mansion is a historic house museum listed on
the National Register of Historic Places, an elegant venue for special
events, and serves as the headquarters for the Foundation
for Historical Louisiana.